Dear Blues Musicians, The Blues Society of Western Pa is now accepting entrees to be considered for the 2015 Best Self Produced CD Competition which will be a segment of the upcoming 2015 International Blues Challenge in Memphis, TN.
***Billy the Kid and the Regulators’ “She Got a Hold on Me” placed third in 2013 out of 180 submissions from around the world.**
- Your CD must have been produced between November, 2013 and October 31, 2014 to be eligible.
- Please submit six copies of your CD for our consideration.
- Criteria for judging as determined by the Blues Foundation:
(1) Blues Content (is this a Blues Music recording)
(2) Musical Performance (Musicianship)
(2) Audio Quality of the Presentation (Production Values, Levels)
(3) Cover Art and Design (Professional Packaging, Ready for the rack at your favorite music outlet?)
(4) Credits and Liner Information. (Informative, Professional)
- The only way you can enter the Memphis competition is via a Blues Society.
- Your submissions to the Blues Society of Western PA must be received by October 1.
- Send your submissions to:
The Blues Society of Western PA
79 Linmar Homes
Aliquippa, PA 15001
Self Produced CD – Official Rules as mandated by the Blues Foundation in Memphis, TN.
For thirty-four years, The Blues Foundation read more
October 19 – Jergel’s, 103 Slade Lane, Warrendale, PA. 1:30 pm – 9 pm. $12 public, $10 members.
Featuring: Jason Born, Melinda, Jimmy Adler, Ruby Red & the Dirty Devils, Jill West & Blues Attack, Leigh Ann Yost, Stevie Pete, Bottom Shelf Blues Band, Rhythm Aces, Blues Devils, Dan Bubien, Vince Agwada, Billy the Kid and the Regulators.
The BSWPA had their Blues from the Burg 2 CD reviewed by Blues Blast Magazine, Chicago, IL. Read what was said here: read more
…yes, that is how we roll folks. Lots of warm weather events with several blues fests thrown in has provided for a bountiful summer filled with blues. What fun we have had!!!! Now what, you ask. Just because the lazy days of summer are quickly drawing to an end does not mean that the blues fun is over and done. The Blues Society of Western PA is just getting heated up. We will be falling into Fall and will be rolling and tumbling with the blues….and nothing but the blues.
What is on the agenda??? .Let’s take a look.
September 13….Blues Day Out Picnic…a free family event at Hopewell Park, Laird Avenue, Aliquippa, PA from noon until 9 pm. BBQ will be available for purchase. A tasty plate filled with Blues will be dished up all read more
……. and The BSWPA will also being accepting donations for project Bundle Up during the show.
Three Guitars – Three Formidable Musicians – One Evening - Moondog’s 378 Freeport Rd, Blawnox, PA
8:00 pm (doors open at 7 pm) $7.00 Public – $5.00 Blues Members or Students
A Blues Society of Western PA Production
More info: 724-888-6183
December 31, 2014 New Location: Doubletree Hilton, University Drive, Moon Twp.
Party Details…..Jill West and the Blues Attack will open for internationally acclaimed Lionel Young Band. Jill West and Blues Attack has placed third at the International Blues Challenge and is a local favorite. Lionel Young is the only person in the 30 year history of the International Blues challenge to win as a solo act one year and then go back two years later to win as a band. Find out why he provided read more